Fóruns: Ajuda (Thread #38748)

spam filtering does not worked as expected (2017-07-01 20:19 by emninger #80031)

I'm trying to use Sylpheed (3.6) with Win 10 (since Claws Mail creates trouble).I'm using imap (several) not pop3.

Now, i set spam filtering to bsfilter using the following commands (in Setup -> Spam Mail):
Filter as spam: bsfilterw -C -s -u
No Spam bsfilterw -c -S -u
Classify bsfilterw

I ticked as well:
Filter on receiving (if mail is identified as spam)
Do not classify as spam if sender is in the address book

Now, that does not work automatically when i get the emails. I always have to filter "by hand" using the command: Filter for spam. Then it works as expected. Why that?

I gave bsfilter several hundreds of mails to learn spam (and no spam). So it cannot be for that.

Thanks a lot in advance for any pointer.

(PS. On linux (slackware) i'm somehow pretty experienced, on windows not so ;) It's not really my choice, i'm obliged to use win 10 for prof reasons).

Re: spam filtering does not worked as expected (2017-07-02 17:07 by emninger #80032)

[Reply To Message #80031]
> I'm trying to use Sylpheed (3.6) with Win 10 (since Claws Mail creates trouble).I'm using imap (several) not pop3.
>
> Now, i set spam filtering to bsfilter using the following commands (in Setup -> Spam Mail):
> Filter as spam: bsfilterw -C -s -u
> No Spam bsfilterw -c -S -u
> Classify bsfilterw
>
> I ticked as well:
> Filter on receiving (if mail is identified as spam)
> Do not classify as spam if sender is in the address book
>
> Now, that does not work automatically when i get the emails. I always have to filter "by hand" using the command: Filter for spam. Then it works as expected. Why that?
>
> I gave bsfilter several hundreds of mails to learn spam (and no spam). So it cannot be for that.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for any pointer.
>
> (PS. On linux (slackware) i'm somehow pretty experienced, on windows not so ;) It's not really my choice, i'm obliged to use win 10 for prof reasons).
>

I looked a little bit further and i found not a solution at all, but something that might help some more experienced user to find out the reason why spam filtering does not work:

- I cannot find nowhere any reference database where bsfilter builds its own "database" (where the learned patterns or so are stored). The only bsfilter referred files are in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sylpheed
bsfilter
bsfilterw.exe

Differently from ClawsMail, there are no bsfilter referenced files in C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Sylpheed

- With sylfilter the problem is the same, but at least i see there is a - seperate - folder C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\SylFilter containing
\tmp (a folder)
clean.db
junk.db
status.dat
sylfilter

And i can see these files are rebuild any time i use a spam filtering command in Extras (filter selected files spam respectively filter selected folder for spam).

May be to use sylfilter with sylpheed these folder/files should be within the C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Sylpheed folder?

And for bsfilter there should exist something similar? And if so, how should i told bsfilter to build it?

Newly, thanks a lot in advance for any pointer!

Responder a #80031