Nitrux is a Linux desktop distribution directly based on Debian. It uses the Calamares installer and includes NX Desktop and NX Firewall on top of the KDE Plasma 5 desktop environment and KDE Applications. Nitrux utilizes the Debian package manager (dpkg) and its extended set of tools, APT (Advanced Packaging Tool), to manage the operating system and manage the software. Nitrux supports both Legacy BIOS and EFI 64-bit computers only; there’s no support for 32-bit.
We are pleased to announce the launch of Nitrux 1.2.0. This new version brings together the latest software updates, bug fixes, performance improvements, and ready-to-use hardware support.
Nitrux 1.2.0 is available for immediate download. To update, please check the Compendium for instructions.
- The first release of Nitrux 1.2.x series.
- Updated Waterfox to version 56.2.13.
- Updated LibreOffice to version 6.3.0
- Updated kernel to version 5.2.11-lowlatency.
- Updated KDE Plasma to version 5.16.4, KDE Frameworks to version 5.61.0, KDE Applications to version 19.08.
- Added VMetal.
- Added Buho. Buho is a notes application using MauiKit.
- Added a new layout for Latte Dock, right-click it and select "Distributions" then "nx-bottom-panel."
- AppImage icons may be missing from the application launcher on first boot, press Alt+F2, and type latte-dock --replace then press Enter.
- If not using English as default locale please run VMetal using the following command: LANG=C vmetal then press Enter.
- OpenGL acceleration is on by default, if you use Nitrux in a VM open System Settings>Monitor>Compositor and select XRandr.