[Mingw-users] Link problems

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Thu Jun 4 06:56:55 JST 2020

On 02/06/2020 16:04, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> No, it's a bug in mingwrt-5.3.2, due to a circular dependency between
>> -lmingw32 and -lmingwex, introduced in a flawed effort to correct a
>> defect in libmingwex-2.dll.
>
> Ah, so it's a Good Thing I didn't yet upgrade to 5.3.2 ;-)
>
> Thanks for the heads-up.  I guess/hope we will have 5.3.3 soon
> enough...

I've reverted the change which introduced the circular dependency, and
published 5.3.3.

With no change to the compiler specs, and a clean rebuild of all MinGW
libraries, I am no longer able to reproduce the libmingwex-2.dll fault,
which prompted the change in 5.3.2, having cross-compiled several test
programs, which had previously succumbed to the DLL fault when run on
native Windows hosts, (but not under Wine).  All of my tests now pass,
both when dynamically, and when statically linked; all run successfully
under Wine, and in VirtualBox hosted 32-bit WinXP and Win7 guests.

--
Regards,
Keith.