[Phoby-users] the idea. Hardly had he ceased speak

Back to archive index

Cashatt Gulisano asept****@juant*****
2010年 9月 22日 (水) 18:27:42 JST

Ommon for the publisher
to add additional material. "Mortimer Halleck's Adventure" was chosen
to accompany the main text in this

edition.] V. MORTIMER HALLECK'S ADVENTURE. Among
the many adventurous incidents of our frontier life in northwest Iowa,
fifteen years ago, I recall one that befell
a boy neighbor, Mortimer Halleck, in which his recklessness came very
near causing his death. There were five of us

boys, who formed a little company of tried friends and pledged
comrades. We hunted, trapped, boated, went skating and swimming
together, and, when the first frame school-house was built, we oc