[Svardos-users] IBM PCjr support

Back to archive index
Mateusz Viste mateu****@viste*****
Wed Nov 24 16:44:08 JST 2021

> Is there any plan to support IBM PCjr natively ?

Hello Sergiu,

I am sorry for the (very) late answer to your message. As explained in a
configuration error on my part... Not very bright of me. Anyway.

I honestly don't know much about IBM PCjr machines. SvarDOS relies on
the DOS-C kernel by Pat Villani (nowadays known as "the FreeDOS
kernel"), hence if the kernel fails to work on a PCjr, it will be
difficult to work around.

Could you please describe what happens currently when you try booting
SvarDOS on your PCjr, so perhaps we'd have at least a idea of what part
is failing?

Mateusz