[tomoyo-users-en 689] Re: Policy changes are quickly reverted

Back to archive index
Tetsuo Handa pengu****@I-lov*****
Mon Aug 14 06:41:07 JST 2017

stank****@xoxy***** wrote:
>  > Are there messages like
>  >
>  >    <kernel> /usr/sbin/sshd /usr/bin/bash /usr/sbin/tomoyo-editpolicy ( /usr/sbin/tomoyo-editpolicy ) is not permitted to update policies.
>  >
>  > in output of dmesg command? If yes, programs for updating on-memory policies are not listed in
>  > /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/manager . Please make sure that you executed /usr/lib/tomoyo/init_policy .
>
> Yes, I see "<kernel> /usr/bin/agetty /usr/bin/login /usr/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/tomoyo-editpolicy ( /usr/bin/tomoyo-editpolicy ) is not
> permitted to update policies."  I thought I had run
> /usr/lib/tomoyo/init_policy , but I may have forgotten this second time.
> I had to remove tomoyo and its files and reinstall because something I
> did (I don't know what; I wasn't able to edit the policies the first
> time, either), caused a kernel panic when starting X with tomoyo running.
>
> I ran # /usr/lib/tomoyo/init_policy and still am not able to edit the
> policies (same output in dmesg).

OK. So, /etc/tomoyo/manager.conf is expected to be loaded into
/sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/manager when /sbin/init starts upon boot, but
for some reason it is not loaded yet. Well, for Arch Linux, it might be
systemd rather than init .

Did you reboot the system after you executed /usr/lib/tomoyo/init_policy
so that /sbin/tomoyo-init will load /etc/tomoyo/manager.conf into
/sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/manager when /sbin/init starts upon boot?

After rebooting, is /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/manager still empty?